Church History

The Sacred Heart Church traces its origins to a small rented bungalow near the old Race Course Road Ground at the end of the Victoria Road near Shoolay which was used both as a Church and presbytery. Till 1880 Indian Christians attended services at St. Mary’s Church and St. Francis Xavier’s Church. Sacred Heart parishioners were actually former members of St. Mary’s Church till Most Rev. Agustus Chevalier built a separate parish cum first parish priest. More +

News Update

bishop
Most Rev. Bernard Moras
ARCHBISHOP

parish_priest
Rev. Fr. Martin Kumar
PARISH PRIEST